– F.A.Q. –
ControlFreq has been operating for nearly 15 years specialising in GSM technology. It's what we do. If you have any questions about our products, services or processes, take a look below, submit your own question to be added or give us a call.
APC tracked Next Day Express: £10.00
Tracked 2-3 Day service: £8.00
Royal Mail International Signed For (up to 5 days): £ Dependent on location
Tracked Express Courier (2-3 days): £ Dependent on location
Pricing shown after delivery address is entered at checkout.
Debit & Credit card
Selected at checkout. Payments secured by Stripe.
BACS & Bank Transfer
Selected at checkout. Proforma invoice returned with bank details for payment.
Choose 'pay by BACS / bank transfer' at checkout. Proforma invoice returned with bank details for payment.
Select at checkout.
Payment by phone
Card payments can be accepted by phone if the customer details have already been entered into our system:
You can pay by phone if:
1. The order has first been put through on the website as BACS/bank transfer to submit the order details to us for payment.
2. The order is a repeat of previous order allowing us to duplicate the invoice before putting a payment through.
Yes. We have an office, showroom & workshop in Worth, West Sussex.
Visit must be scheduled by calling 020 3478 0786 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to be sure the correct staff will be in when you arrive.
1. Prior to returning goods, contact tech support on 020 3478 0786 for initial review. We may be able to resolve the issue remotely or suggest an alternative solution.
2. If the item is still to be returned, a returns form must be completed to obtain an RMA number to return with the goods for clear identification and fault diagnosis.
3. Submit the returns form to initiate the return process.
4. An RMA # will be provided to include with the goods.
5. The returns address will be provided when you submit the form.
Please note: Goods returned without an RMA will be delayed.We recommend using a trackable delivery service to avoid risk of loss. Goods not received that were sent untracked are the senders loss.
6. Return the goods using a tracked service only to avoid loss. Parcels not delivered and untracked will be at the loss of the sender.
7. On receipt of goods, you will be notified by email – our team will get the unit on the bench with 24-48 hours unless specifically agreed otherwise.
8. Our support team will investigate and document findings to be returned with the repaired or replaced (in the case of warranty) device.
9. For irrepairable hardware, a quote will be provided for replacement hardware.
10. For 'no fault found', a minimum charge of £35+VAT will be payable for return of the item.
If you have any questions please call us on 020 3478 0786 or email email@example.com.
1. Online order confirmation email
Email titled 'next steps', sent immediately after placing an order online, contains links to all required documents, apps, software & support methods.
2. Online help centre
Go to 'quick-find' online tool > click the icon in the bottom right of screen to open the help centre.
Trade installers & integrators can access 7-day support by phone and email.
End users should use the email or support ticket method.
An agent will still respond on a weekend however phone support is not offered unless the user is a trade customer.
Provided to Trade only after registration. Register now.
Technical Support by Phone:
M-F 8-6 (all users)
Saturday: 9-5 (trade only)
Sunday 10-4 (trade only)
Technical Support by Email/support ticket:
Tickets can be submitted 24/7. Response times are the same if submit during support times shown above. Next day if outside the above times.
Help Centre tracked support ticket:
Web browser App (must be used for password resets)
To completely configure and manage any ControlFreq device, use any web browser to sign up for the web portal below.
iOS Smartphone App
Android Smartphone App
[PRO TIP] When adding a new device to the above platforms , ignore the 'IMEI' field. The app will prompt you to 'fix IMEI' which automatically retrieves it from the hardware.
Step 1: Add new device
Step 2: Fill in details but ignore IMEI
Step 3: Wait for device database to populate – device uploads all current settings ready for editing.
64bit Windows Software (incl. drivers)
32bit Windows Software (incl. drivers)
The device configuration PC software is a comprehensive package supporting all Windows versions back to XP - Win10/11.
PC programming is useful for adding a batch of proximity fobs in 'virtual card reader' mode. All fobs can be quickly stored to the unit before uploading to the web browser app, the best method for ongoing system management.
The Legacy Method
The SMS configuration method has been surpassed by the web, app and PC methods due to the complexity of configuration options – especially in the time-restricted access control products.
That said, SMS is a quicker way to do checks and minor changes than all other methods.
SMS commands are typically used to find out current settings, make a quick edit, or get operational info, like signal strength, usuaully within a few seconds.
It's a very handy fault-finding tool and also transaltes over to 'Terminal' apps such as TeraTerm (recommended) allowing you to use SMS commands over the USB interface. It's what we use in-house for easy fault finding and diagnostics.
A list of SMS parameters are available in the device manuals. A cheat sheet will be available on the product page.